The Resolution Revolution in cryoEM: Potential for Drug Discovery
New England Structural Biology Association (NESBA) presents a one day conference on The Resolution Revolution in cryoEM: Potential for Drug Discovery.
Friday, March 16, 2018
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
We will be holding a 1-day meeting focused on the recent, exciting advances in the science and technology of structure biology using cryo-EM. Our organizers Wilhelm Weihofen (NIBR) and Jonathan Moore (Vertex) have put together an exciting array of speakers including:
- Nieng Yan (Keynote Speaker) - Princeton University; Title: "A Path towards Pain Relief -- Structural Elucidation of Nav Channels using cryo-EM"
- Alan Brown - Harvard Medical School; Title: "Using cryo-EM to understand protein synthesis inhibitors"
- Anthony Fitzpatrick - Columbia University; Title: "Untangling Neurodegenerative Diseases using Patient-Based Structural Biology"
- Bridget Carragher - New York Structural Biology Center and NanoImaging Services; Title: "CryoEM and Structure Based Drug Design"
- Jeff Lengyel - Thermo Fisher; Title: "In Situ Structural Biology"
- Hiro Furukawa - Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory; Title: "Structure and Biology of NMDA receptors"
- Andrew Ward - The Scripps Research Institute; Title: "Structure-based vaccine and small molecule design strategies to combat HIV"
- Chris Wiesmann - Novartis Institute for BioMedical Research;
Title: "Cryo-EM: A new tool for drug discovery at Novartis"
Please check back for additional speakers or register now!
- Jonathan Moore - Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Wilhelm Weihofen - Novartis Institute for BioMedical Research
Maps, Directions & Lodging Information
Our full-day event will take place at Bentley University. Please click here to find directions and detailed information on area lodging.
- Exploiting Genomic Instability in Cancer: DNA Damage and Immuno Oncology
- Future of Drug Delivery: Novel Approaches to Targeted Therapies
- Genome Engineering: Theory into Practice
- Hybrid Methods: The Evolution of Structural Biology
- Protein Misfolding and Rare Genetic Diseases: From Human Genetics to Drug Discovery
- Protein-Ligand Thermodynamics and Kinetics: Building bridges between in silico and biophysical realms
- Assaying Proteins in Solution: A workshop to focus on BIO-SAXS
- Epigenetics: Unwrapping the Future for Drug Discovery?
- Beyond the lattice: A Renaissance In Structural Biology
- Celebrating 50 Years of Crystallography
- Protein Engineering: Techniques and Applications
- New Techniques in Protein Sciences - developments in protein science for biopharma and drug discovery
- Infectious Disease and Drug Discovery Meeting
- Overcoming the Challenges to Accelerate Drug Discovery
- Membrane Proteins: Structure and Function
- Protein Kinases and Drug Discovery
- Systems Biology in Drug Discovery