The New England Structural Biology Association (NESBA) is a non-profit organization, run by volunteers. We are dedicated to bringing together industrial scientists with the shared vision of using protein structure to enable the design of novel therapeutics. NESBA disciplines include: Protein Sciences; X-ray Crystallography; NMR; Molecular Modeling; Biology; Chemistry; Computational Chemistry; and Electron Microscopy.
The Resolution Revolution in
cryoEM: Potential for Drug Discovery
Friday, March 16, 2018
Bentley University - Waltham, MA
We will be holding a 1-day meeting focused on the recent, exciting advances in the science and technology of structure biology using cryo-EM. Our organizers Wilhelm Weihofen (NIBR) and Jonathan Moore (Vertex) have put together an exciting array of speakers including:
- Nieng Yan (Keynote Speaker) -
Princeton University; Title: "A Path towards Pain Relief --
Structural Elucidation of Nav Channels using cryo-EM
- Alan Brown - Harvard Medical School; Title: "Using cryo-EM to understand protein synthesis inhibitors"
- Anthony Fitzpatrick - Columbia University; Title: "Untangling Neurodegenerative Diseases using Patient-Based Structural Biology"
- Bridget Carragher - New York Structural Biology Center and NanoImaging Services; Title: "CryoEM and Structure Based Drug Design"
- Jeff Lengyel - Thermo Fisher; Title: "In Situ Structural Biology"
- Hiro Furukawa - Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory; Title: "Structure and Biology of NMDA receptors"
- Andrew Ward - The Scripps Research Institute; Title: "Structure-based vaccine and small molecule design strategies to combat HIV"
- Chris Wiesmann - Novartis Institute for BioMedical Research; Title: "Cryo-EM: A new tool for drug discovery at Novartis"
Please check back for additional speakers or register now!
- Jonathan Moore - Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Wilhelm Weihofen - Novartis Institute for BioMedical Research
Maps, Directions & Lodging Information
Our full-day event will take place at Bentley University. Please click here to find directions and detailed information on area lodging.
Click meetings to register